Sunday 27 November 2011

Do the loop, felt it and once it's empty it's x-mas

Zur deutschen Version

I thought for some time about an advent calendar for a one year old, the only thing I knew for sure was that I didn't want to fill it with chocolate and that it shouldn't have windows.

Once I found the "Felted Basket" on raverly.com I had an epiphany!



Although the felted basket is an easy going project I had some "first times":

1. Magic Loop method
I read about this method but this was the first project I used it for. It has also been the first time I watched a knitting video because I didn't get the written explanation. Once I've seen this video on garnstudio.com I knew how to do it (♥_♥)

The beginning was hard, but once I've mastered the technique it is really cool to work with and I already look forward to my next Magic Loop project (reputedly this technique is capable of knitting two socks at once, maybe I will try this one time).



2. Felting
The second "first time" was felting. Another thing I also wanted to try but didn't have the opportunity so far. Thanks to my discount store of trust I got a big amount of felting yarn for a low price.

What should I say? My washing machine did an amazing job:





Now I'm looking forward to 1st of December. From this day on my little boy will take one little bag every day and once the basket is empty, it's Christmas (^_^)


Oh, I'm sure you want to know what is inside the little bags:

No comments:

Post a Comment